Now that the dust has settled somewhat on the recent Supreme Court decision, we are seeing some states dig in and harden their positions against expanding health care coverage.
I truly believe that at the end of all of this, we will have a significant portion of our population who either:
- continues to lack health coverage,
- has coverage, but no physicians or hospitals will accept it, or
- has coverage, but so much is excluded that the financial burden on families continues to be devastating.
And so the path forward, for many, will require:
- a very high level of personal involvement
- engagement with an effective support network and/ or advocacy group
- active use of online research and management tools
- activism- vote- engage your elected representatives.
Stay tuned, as this blog will comment on each of these issues.